10 Things you need to know about birthday boy Manjeet Chhillar
Manjeet Chhillar, known as One Man Army celebrates his 32nd birthday today. He was the key player at Asian Games 2014.
Due to his wrestling skills in Kabaddi and fierce gameplay, he is said to be World’s Best All-Rounder. Apart from this, there are many things that people don’t know about him-
1. Manjeet Chhillar was born on 18th August 1986 at the Nizampur village of Panipat District of Haryana.
2. He was initially a wrestler but an injury to his nose saw him return to his village where he started playing Kabaddi.
3. He was the part of Indian National Kabaddi team that won Gold medals at Asian Games in 2010 and 2014. He is a gold medalist in the National Championships in 2010, 2011 and 2012. He has also won gold at the Asian Indoor games in 2009 and He claimed bronze at the 2012 Asian beach games.
4. He has played and captained Pro Kabaddi League teams Bengaluru Bulls (Season 1 & 2), Puneri Paltan (Season 3 & 4) and Jaipur Pink Panthers (Season 5). Now he will play for Tamil Thalaivas in Season 6 of Pro Kabaddi League.
5. He was awarded as Best Defender Award for Pro Kabaddi Season 1 as he scored the most 51 points for his team, Bengaluru Bulls.
6. In season 2, he got Most Valuable Player Award for his all-round performance throughout the season. He scored 67 raid points and 40 tackle points.
7. Manjeet is the best and most successful all-rounders of the Pro Kabaddi League history. He has scored a total of 457 points consists of 212 raid points and 243 tackle points.
8. Government of India conferred the Arjuna Award to Manjeet in 2015 for his achievements in the game of Kabaddi.
9. He is currently employed at Railways and also presents his Railways team at the National Championships.
10. Manjeet Chhillar is considered to be the best All-Rounder in the world and his fans say him ‘Yuvraj Singh of Kabaddi’.