Hosts Maharashtra saw hard luck in Kabaddi events at Khelo India Youth Games 2019
The Indian Central Government in associate with Maharashtra State Government has organized 2nd Khelo India Youth games at Shree Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex, Pune. Kabaddi’s matches have been started from Monday (14th January).
Yesterday (15th January) Maharashtra’s Under-21 girls brightened their chances of making it to the knock-out stage easing past Andhra Pradesh 31-19 in the KIYG kabaddi event. For the hosts, Sonali Helvi did well to help build up a 12-9 lead with some good tackles and great raids.
The State’s boys suffered a heart-breaking single point loss to Kerala 34-35 despite beginning well and leading 12-10 initially. At half-time, Maharashtra trailed 14-15. On resumption, Maharashtra’s defence let them down and trailed 22-32.
With just five minutes to go, the home team bounced back, cut the deficit, leveling at 34-all into the last minute. However, a successful tackle by the Kerala defence did them in. Later, the girls were outdone by Haryana 17-37.
In the U-17 Girls category, Haryana crushed West Bengal defeated Chhattisgarh 33-29. In the next match, Rajasthan beat Telangana 27-21. U-21 Chhattisgarh boys thrashed Tamilnadu 45-29.
Delhi U-21 boys won against Haryana 31-29 in a thrilling match. In the same category, Punjab boys lost to Tamilnadu 22-47.
Day 2 Results:
1) Haryana 37 vs 17 Maharashtra (Group A Girls U-17)
2) Maharashtra 34 vs 35 Kerala (Group B Boys U-21)
3) Maharashtra 31 vs 19 Andhra Pradesh (Group B Girls U-21)
4) Rajasthan 37 vs 24 Uttar Pradesh (Group A Boys U-17)
5) Delhi 31 vs 29 Haryana (Group A Boys U-21)
6) Tamilnadu 47 vs 22 Punjab (Group B Boys U-21)
7) Chhattisgarh 45 vs 26 Tamil Nadu (Group B Boys U-17)
8) Uttar Pradesh 24 vs 28 Bihar (Group A Girls U-17)
9) Chhattisgarh 29 vs 33 West Bengal (Group A Girls U-17)
10) Rajasthan 27 vs 21 Telangana (Group B Girls U-17)