India’s Left Corner Girish Maruti Ernak Ready For The Gold Quest
– Rajat Khade (Guest Writer)
Girish Maruti Ernak was a part of the Indian team at the Kabaddi Masters International Kabaddi Tournament, held in Dubai.
Despite this being Girish’s maiden international tour his performance was applauded by many. He became quite a sensation for his style as a grappler in the Kabaddi Masters Tournament.
Today, in Surendra Nada’s absense in the Indian Team Girish Ernak is making every move right to stabilize his place in the side. In the Asian Games, he will play the role of left-corner. He definitely hopes for a heroic performance as he did in the Kabaddi Masters.
Things that you didn’t know about Girish Ernak:
1) Girish Maruti Ernak was born on 22nd December 1990 in Kalyan, Maharashtra.
2) He started playing kabaddi since school days, after which he started a Local Kabaddi team “Om Kabaddi Team” Kalyan.
3) Prashant Chavan is his mentor in Kabaddi whereas Santosh Padwal is his coach.
4) His scintillating performance in the recently concluded Kabaddi Masters Dubai made him famous globally. He managed the highest number of points (19 points) in the tournament.
5) He also played a key role in Maharashtra’s victory in the final of the 65th Senior National Kabaddi Championships held in Hyderabad.
6)He has also played for the Pro Kabaddi teams Patna Pirates (2014-2015), Bengal Warriors (2016), Puneri Palatan (2017) & Puneri Paltan retained him for PKL Season 6.
7) In Pro Kabaddi Girish has played 172 matches & has got 172 tackle points & 11 high 5’s.
8) He also plays with BPCL Professional Kabaddi Team.